Does my homeowners insurance cover metal roofing?
Most insurance companies do cover metal roofing products, but you will have to check with your insurance company to be sure.
What colors do metal roofs come in?
Our Metal roofing product comes in the five main color schemes: sepia brown, black, slate grey, charcoal grey, and terra cotta. All these metal roofing products will fit most homes. In addition, Master Shake does do special order colors such as green and red. Other colors if desired may be available. Contact us today to discuss!
What services do you offer?
Master Shake is a comprehensive roofing company. We are a metal roofing material supplier as well as metal roofing installer. We take care of everything from start to finish. Call us today to learn more!
Can I replace my roof in the winter?
Yes. Our metal roofing product can be installed any time.
When should I replace my roof?
There are many signs to look for when wondering if you need a new roof. Some of these signs are:
- Are there damaged shingles?
- Are your shingles curling at the bottoms?
- Are the shingles damaged from hail or wind for instance?
- Are there missing shingles?
- Is your roof leaking?
- Do you notice any cracks?
- Do you notice any areas with stones washed off the shingles i.e. bare spots and loss of color?
- In severe weather, do your shingles lift up?
- Do you find shingles in your yard?
- Does your roof look old and worn?
- Are your neighbors replacing their roofs? Chances are your home was built around the time your neighbors’ homes were.
- Do you notice dark streaks on your roof? This is a sign of airborne algae. Also look for moss growing on your roof as well, an indication of too much moisture pooling on your roof.
If your roof is over 20 years old, it will definitely need to be replaced. To be sure, Master Shake recommends calling us or another professional roof inspector to inspect your roof. Master Shake recommends you take their recommendation with a grain of salt: most of these inspectors will tell you you need a new roof just to make a sale.
How long does it take to install a metal roof?
3 days or less depending on the size of the project.
What are the different metal roof styles available with Master Shake?
We have put all our experience and technology into one style to get the best out of one product instead of spreading benefits across multiple ones. The Master Shake is our premium metal roofing product that we believe fits all.
What’s the Master Shake difference?
We here at Master Shake believe our premium metal roofing product has 7 distinguishing characteristics that sets it apart from its competitors:
- LOOKS. The look of our metal roof is unrivaled. It stands out and reeks of sleekness and sophistication. You will be the talk of the neighborhood with a Master Shake roof.
- STRENGTH. Master Shake’s metal roof was manufactured for strength and is now one of the toughest roofs on the planet. Incredibly durable, our metal roof product will stand up to high winds, heavy rain, pounding hail storms, piles of snow, blistering heat, freezing cold temperatures, ward off fire, and keep your home safe and sound.
- VENTILATION. An often-overlooked function of a roof, ventilation expels hot air from the upper part of the house to reduce the air conditioner’s cooling role. Roofing ventilation also will extend the life of your roof and help to stabilize drastic temperature swings indoors. Master Shake’s proprietary method is very unique to our signature metal roofing product.
- TRIM DESIGN. Master Shake completely redesigned trim technology with its signature metal roof, installing its own unique gutter system in each piece of trim. This makes it 100 percent waterproof for years to come and sheds water and snow quicker than any other system.
- SNOW GUARDS. Master Shakes’ snow guard design makes snow guards look good on homes instead of standing out. They blend in with the architecture and add beauty and form to the metal roof. Furthermore, they are super strong, holding back snow to prevent it from sliding in to your rain gutter, which can ultimately bend and ruin them. Master Shake’s snow guards on our metal roofing products also keep snow from landing on your car or any other object on the ground.
- STRAPPING SYSTEM. Roof strapping or strips of wood that are installed along the length of the interior of a roof allow us to straighten out dips and sags, creating a quality, finished look.
- WEIGHT. Master Shake’s metal roofing product is incredibly lightweight and is nearly 10 times lighter than the weight of traditional clay tiles. Hence, metal roofing overall is cheaper and saves you money in the long run.
Do you offer a warranty?
Yes. Our metal roofing has a 50 year warranty.
How much does a new roof cost?
Roofs are priced based on square foot so the bigger your house or replacement project, the more you’ll pay. Please contact Master Shake today! We’d be glad to give you a free quote!
Does a metal roof cost more than a traditional roof?
Again, this depends on the size of the project and what other roofing types you are comparing. Metal Shake can guarantee that over the lifetime of a metal roof (70-80 years on average), a metal roofing product is the cheaper alternative.
Will a metal roof match my home and neighborhood?
With the many options and colors available, Master Shake’s metal roofing product can match your home and neighborhood. Contact us today for all your options!
How does a metal roof stand up to extreme weather?
Metal roofing is extremely durable in the extremes. Master Shake uses waterproof screws, which allows our roof to be constantly fastened. Traditionally, tar is used to tie down shingles. Tar must be lined up exactly right or leakage can occur.
Is a metal roof environmentally responsible?
Yes! A metal roof offers numerous environmental benefits. Metal roofing products cut energy costs by about 20%, reduce attic and roofing temperatures and thus extends the life of your air conditioner. Metal roofs are long-lasting and if you ever do need to replace it, it’s 100% recyclable. How many other products do you know offer that?
How heavy is a metal roof compared to a roof made of traditional materials? And how thick is it?
Metal roofing products are about 65% lighter than traditional shingle roofing products. This is due to its thickness. Master Shake’s roofing panels are 29 gauge. The higher the gauge, the thinner it is, and thus the less it weighs.
Can you give me an estimate?
Yes! We’d love to give you an estimate. Call today to schedule an appointment!
As you can see, the benefits of the Master Shake metal roofing product covers every aspect that a roof needs. You save money, the roof lasts a lifetime, it’s easier to care for, it’s environmentally friendly, it stands up to the nastiest weather, and the roof is aesthetically pleasing. Once installed it lasts a lifetime. Call Master Shake for your free estimate and to start your savings today!
Will we remove the old roof?
We don’t have to , our system is designed to go right over your old roof , You get more benefit leaving your old roof on as it provides an extra layer of protection from heat penetrating your attic , Helps sound proof your roof , acts as insulation . It also becomes a valuable moisture barrier which you need! If we remove your old roof, we must then add a new moisture barrier which becomes pricy. Leaving your old roof on also prevents landfills from filling up
However, we have no problem removing your old roof if requested
Will we reuse the old flashing or use our own new flashing?
We use all new custom-built flashing made to fit your roof.
What training do you and your crew have?
We have been trained by the manufacture and have 20 plus years combined experienced.
Does our system interfere with the eavestrough?
No, our system is specifically designed to not interfere your eves trough in any way.
How will we leave the jobsite at the end of the day?
Our team does an excellent job cleaning up and making things look tidy before going home.
Do you have workman’s comp insurance?
Are you licensed?
Do you carry general liability insurance?
Do you provide a written estimate?
Yes, we have detailed quotes.
Do you do the work or do you sub it out?
We do not sub out any of our work its all done by our own company.
Are you a local company?
We are Located in Milverton Ontario, Close to Strafford, however we go all over Ontario to install roofs.